Director of Web Development
wedü is looking for an individual who is passionate about web development to lead our five-person tech team. The Director of Web Development provides strategic direction to the team, pushing the use of trending technologies, establishing and championing best practices, conducting code reviews and managing the teams’ schedule. The Director of Web Development is also responsible for determining our technology platforms for development, providing education and technical support to the tech, creative, digital and account service teams and assisting with project scoping.
This individual must have a positive, can do attitude with the ability to lead by example.
· Mentor and manage developers in the normal execution of their responsibilities.
· Constantly evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be used to strengthen wedü’s development practices.
· Ensure the team is successfully executing projects to specification and within scheduled timelines and budget parameters.
· Conduct and coordinate code reviews and QA processes.
· Ensure best practices are followed and provide guidance and/or assistance when necessary.
· Develop the team’s skills through coaching, motivating and training top talent.
· Coordinate the schedule, activities and deliverables within the tech team while resolving issues and establishing appropriate priorities.
· Collaboration between our internal teams.
· Develop departmental budget, work goals, measurements and training requirements necessary to provide both profitable and quality service to clients, as well as growth path for employees.
· Participate in new business efforts by adding technical expertise in ideation, explanation and budget development.
· Front end UX development.
· Database administration, integration with various APIs, etc.
· Extensive knowledge in GitHub.
· Extensive knowledge in MVC Development.
· Knowledge of and experience with agile development methodology.
· Strategic decision maker with a focus on long term effects of daily decisions.
· Ability to multitask as well as delegate to best utilize the varying skill sets within the team.
· Ability to manage work flow within department and staff with fulltime as well as contractors as work flow demands.
· Ability to manage a departmental budget.
· Must be willing to work extended hours when work load demands.
· PSR-2 standards knowledge and Laravel knowledge a plus
· 5+ years of LAMP web development experience
· 2+ years’ experience in managing a team
· Digital agency experience preferred