The Media Planner works with internal teams, as well as being client-facing. The individual is primarily responsible for oversight of traditional and OOH strategy, placement and management. This includes working with other strategic teams and clients for planning, buying/execution for radio, TV, print and out-of-home. The role also supports the digital team for placement of digital ad campaigns. The ideal candidate will bring knowledge of the media industry and traditional outlets, along with knowledge of the various digital platforms for ad placement. The ideal candidate will have experience in executing multi-platform campaigns, as well as crafting the strategies that dictated those initiatives. Additional experience should include excellent communication skills, a background in both writing and presenting plans, and being a team player who is adept at working with internal analytics, brand management, digital, social, production and creative teams.
Media Planner will work with the digital, strategic, and creative teams for thorough execution of plans. The individual will support these teams with additional services during OOH event and field activation promotions and planning. These efforts include working with sponsorship packages, tour managers, and other media outlets for comprehensive packages which include field / live events.
- Manage and oversee all day-to-day media planning responsibilities as a trusted and reliable media resource for colleagues and clients alike
- Execute media plan creation and execution within Advantage Media application for thorough tracking, confirmation of insertion orders, payables confirmation, and billings to clients
- Act as a supervisory checkpoint for media documents and deliverables
- Develop and present strategic media plans, recommendations, reporting and recaps
- Develop relationships beyond immediate media teams; including brand, creative, analytics, social and strategic planning teams as appropriate, as well as with clients
- 4 years traditional media planning and buying experience (TV, Radio, Print, Outdoor)
- Strong presenter
- Dynamic problem-solving experience
- Strong computer skills including media research and planning tools
- Strong customer service orientation, excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and decision-making skills
- Interest in collaborating with digital, search and social platform teams for comprehensive plan execution