Position Summary and Objective
We are looking for an experienced advertising agency Account Director. The Account Director serves as the primary client relationship manager for an assigned portfolio of clients and will maintain strong account relationships. Working within a team and under an experienced Account Supervisor, the candidate should be able to write and execute a full marketing plan, understand, explain and evaluate traditional and digital paid media, and provide clear input to creative/production staff.
Candidate will be responsible for developing strategy as well as overseeing and launching our clients’ marketing initiatives. These omnichannel marketing campaigns may include print, email, digital ads, website development, in-store, and experiential components. Candidates MUST have previous experience working as an Account Director in an Advertising/Digital Agency. No other experience will be considered.
It is essential that you have strong project management skills and can work as a consultant to help clients define their project needs. Project Managers will help make sure your clients receive a high level of customer service and support in their day-to-day operations.
Candidate must have demonstrated experience managing budgets and ensuring account profitability and be able to utilize a variety of applicable metrics and analytics.
This is a full-time position at our Manchester, NH office. Local candidates only. No recruiter or placement firms, please.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Passion for building strong working relationships with clients based on the agency as a strategic resource and business partners
- Ability to manage the day-to-day client relationship for strategic accounts to ensure a great customer experience. Primary responsibilities include client needs assessment, the recommendation of products and services, and ensuring the quality of the end product.
- Ensure the successful day-to-day operations of client accounts
- Lead client meetings and consult/manage customer expectations
- Review and approve all client marketing campaigns
- Ensure all campaigns are launched successfully and analyze campaign performance in accordance with predefined KPI’s
- Work in partnership with Project Managers to fulfill all client requirements. This requires personnel management and the ability to delegate projects without adversely impacting the level of service delivered to the client
- Manage client/project budgets and oversee billing/invoicing for client accounts
- Identify opportunities within existing client accounts and assist with contract renewals
- Maintain technical expertise of our products/services
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of client industries
- Demonstrate every agency core value: take initiative, be innovative in all things, show integrity and leadership, with a constant focus on being customer-first and a strong team player.
- 5+ years client-facing agency experience
- Experience in digital marketing with a solid understanding of the interplay between online/social and traditional channels.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge and real-world application of marketing strategy
- Self-motivated with strong critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high-quality results
- Experience managing a team of 2 or more members
Along with your resume submission, please provide a detailed cover letter - tell us why you would be a perfect fit for this role!
Please note, the wedü office is operating remotely due to COVID-19. This position will begin remotely and transition back to the office Q4 of 2020.
wedü is a digital marketing agency. We work with mid-market size clients to develop and execute marketing and communication strategies. Our focus is in the digital realm including everything from web design and development, digital advertising, social channel programs, and automated marketing programs. We service a wide range of industries including traditional and online retail/e-comm, insurance, finance, health care, food and beverage, etc. While our core services are all in the digital arena, our strategies demand execution within all traditional channels.