Junior Graphic Designer
At wedü, we’re all about diverse perspectives that encourage competing ideas and conversations that lead to innovative solutions. We're a multidisciplinary digital marketing agency that believes in using creativity to solve our client’s business challenges and develop solutions that drive change.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Junior Graphic Designer with strong foundational design skills who is eager to do great work. Your primary focus will be to support the design team through all phases of the design process including work for current clients, new business initiatives, and agency self-promotional marketing. The Junior Graphic Designer will work directly with the Creative Director and Senior Visual Designers to develop deliverables as well as project managers, developers, and project stakeholders to understand goals and how their efforts contribute to the overall outcome.
The ideal candidate is organized, flexible, and self-motivated. They are collaborative and inquisitive with an interest in designing for a range of experiences.
At wedü, you will:
- Assist the design team with production-related tasks including but not limited to resizing digital ads, versioning out landing pages, asset creation, image retouching and sourcing, QCing media and preparing files for screen and print.
- Work with the creative director and design team to establish and execute the creative vision for various projects.
- Handle basic/reasonable last minute quick turn asks.
- Participate in weekly meetings and design reviews.
- Stay current on design, advertising, marketing trends, and emerging technologies.
- 1-2+ years of relevant design experience on a creative team, either in-house or agency.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator), and Sketch
- Experience with Zeplin and InVision a plus
- Understanding of print production and digital communication channels
- Experience adhering to vendor specs and requirements in both print and digital applications.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- A solid design portfolio, showing a strong sense of layout and typography in both print and web.