At wedü, we’re all about diverse perspectives that encourage competing ideas and conversations that lead to innovative solutions. We're a multidisciplinary digital marketing agency that believes in using creativity to solve our client’s business challenges and develop solutions that drive change.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Visual Designer that has design skills across a variety of media but is especially good at UI design. In this role, your primary focus will be on delivering simple and intuitive user interfaces and websites for client brands. Working closely with project managers, designers and developers you’ll play a critical role in designing the visual identity and interaction concepts that shape the user experience. Our Design team operates as “T-shaped” designers, each with deep knowledge in one area but with skills that enable us to handle a broad range of tasks. While your expertise is in designing websites and digital products, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a variety of design projects, both print and digital, that impact the customer journey across multiple touch points.
The ideal candidate is organized, flexible, and self-motivated. They are collaborative and inquisitive with an interest in designing for a range of experiences. They see beyond the project at hand to the bigger picture and can recognize opportunities to inform strategy and innovation.
At wedü, you will:
- Create beautiful, functional and accessible designs for web and mobile that consider users’ needs and client goals.
- Partner with project managers, developers, and other designers to define product requirements and strategic approach.
- Build wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs that define and improve the user experience.
- Work or consult on a wide range of design projects including but not limited to: UI/UX design, brand identities and brand implementation, graphic design for digital, and print advertising campaigns.
- Understand the technologies behind website development, digital marketing and print production to communicate creative vision to teams and ensure designs are implemented as intended.
- Engage in multiple stages of a project including discovery and research, inspiration gathering, brainstorming, strategy definition, content strategy, concept development, planning and estimation.
- 3+ years of relevant design experience on a creative team, either in-house or agency.
- Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills, leading and participating whenever needed.
- Fluency with the latest design tools including Sketch, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- An understanding of coding fundamentals including HTML, CSS, JS (you will NOT be coding).
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills—you can effectively communicate and passionately defend decisions both internally and to clients.
- Experience working collaboratively with project teams and creating designs based on user needs and business goals.
- Experience in graphic design, concept ideation, and brand design in a variety of media (including print and digital).
- A digital portfolio showing thoughtful UI/UX work and high-quality visual design.